Want to get your pitch accepted? Read our “How to Pitch” article, courtesy of mediabistro.com! The Rules
1. Girls' Life accepts unsolicited manuscripts on a speculative basis only. First, send an e-mail or letter query with detailed story idea(s). No telephone solicitations, please. Please familiarize yourself with the voice and content of Girls' Life before submitting.
2. Girls' Life magazine does not accept poetry submissions.
3. Every story should have a title, blurb and byline. Author's complete name, address, phone number and e-mail address must be provided on submission. Referrals for art sources are appreciated, if applicable.
4. Girls' Life conforms to The Associated Press Stylebook and Libel Manual. Manuscripts can be e-mailed in Microsoft Word. Documents should be double-spaced in 12-point Verdana font.
5. All research must rely on primary sources. Manuscripts must be accompanied by a complete list of sources, telephone numbers and reference materials, if applicable.
6. E-mail queries are responded to within 90 days. Girls' Life cannot be held responsible for the return of any unsolicited material.
7. Unless submission is stated to be a possible work for hire, submission will be considered property of Girls' Life magazine.
8. A memorandum of agreement is to be executed by both parties before payment is made. Send all Girls’ Life magazine queries to:
Founding Editor and Publisher
Girls' Life magazine
3 S. Frederick St. Suite 806
Baltimore, MD 21202 writeforGL@girlslife.com